Clinical Director of Surgery and Clinical Services Director, Surgical and Specialist Services
- Mercy Health – Surgical Leadership Appointment
- Leadership role in Werribee Mercy Hospital Expansion Service Planning
- Clinical and Administrative Position, Largely Based at Werribee, Melbourne
This is a dual appointment; a Clinical Director of Surgery; Werribee Mercy Hospital and a Clinical Services Director, Surgical and Specialist Services, Werribee Mercy Hospital and Mercy Hospital for Women in Heidelberg.
1) Clinical Director of Surgery, Werribee Mercy Hospital – this position, (particularly given the impending Werribee Mercy Hospital expansion), requires the provision of strong medical leadership and the development of a surgical department that delivers high quality clinical practices and patient centred care.
2) Clinical Services Director, Surgical and Specialist Services – this position has overarching responsibility for surgical and specialist services at Werribee Mercy Hospital and Mercy Hospital for Women, though note, the Clinical Director of Surgery at Mercy Hospital for Women will continue to undertake the day to day running of that site. The leadership aspect of the position is therefore as a senior member of the Mercy Leadership Team and requires working collaboratively with the Program Director to ensure contemporary, high quality and accessible surgical and specialist services across both hospitals.
Given the surgical leadership structure already in place at Mercy Hospital for Women in Heidelberg, this position will therefore largely be based at the Werribee site, with occasional travel to the Heidelberg site required.
The Werribee Mercy Hospital Stage 1C expansion will bring on line the following additional capacity by mid 2018; 64 inpatient beds, 6 new theatres and expanded back of house facilities. A substantial projected increase in local demand will see significant expansion of current surgical services and implementation of new services.
- Current Registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
- Post Graduate qualification (or working towards) in health services or business administration or management, or equivalent qualification (desirable)
- Extensive experience in managing clinical services and leading large and diverse teams
- Demonstrated achievements in driving clinical innovation and high level change management in a clinical services environment
- Knowledge of public health funding policies
- Strong financial and operational management abilities
- Track record in clinical governance and safety leadership
Further detailed information regarding this opportunity can be obtained by contacting Catherine Reidy at email@example.com or +61 (0) 415 777 133, quoting Reference No 15855. Applications close at the end of January 2018.