James Cook University Singapore is seeking to appoint an Associate Professor in Clinical Psychology. JCU is recognised as a leading research University and is ranked in the top 2% of Universities in the world (ARWU ranking). The Academic Group in Psychology at JCU Singapore offers APAC (Australian Psychological Accreditation Council) accredited Bachelor of Science (Hons). Master of Psychology (Clinical) and Doctor of Psychology (Clinical Psychology) degrees.
JCU Singapore has an exceptionally strong reputation in Clinical Psychology and is considered to offer the strongest programme of its kind in Singapore. Current student enrolment in Psychology is 1000. The University has achieved the highest level of accreditation from the Singapore Government, the Edu Trust Star.
Singapore has a vibrant, dynamic psychology network. Opportunities for research and practical application are considerable. With over 15 hospitals, 100 plus clinics, a campus Psychology Clinic open to the public and government institutions such as prisons and social welfare, the opportunity for career development and to make a difference is enormous. In addition, access to research funding is substantial.
Key functions of the role include:
- Clinical supervision of interns undertaking their internal placement at the Psychology Clinic or in external agencies
- Research supervision of fourth year, Clinical Master and Doctoral Students.
- High level of professional activities including an active research program.
- Leadership within the discipline and broader University.
- Doctoral level qualification in Clinical Psychology
- Registration with the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA) – approved Clinical Supervisor
- Evidence of quality teaching and clinical supervision of students at undergraduate and post graduate level
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain relationships with colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Research skills (qualitative or quantitative methods) and track record of publications
- Excellent communication skills
- Membership of APS (or eligibility)
- Membership of APS College of Clinical Psychologists (or eligibility)
- Please provide an up-to-date CV including research record
- A full statement of qualifications
- A statement systematically addressing the Selection Criteria
- A teaching profile and recent teaching evaluations
Please contact Pam Lubrainschik on +612 8422 5306 for a confidential discussion. Please email applications to email@example.com