Applications are invited from suitably qualified medical practitioners to join the Child and Youth Mental Health Services in the Acute Adolescent Unit based at Redbank House, Westmead Hospital. The unit is focused on the treatment of adolescents with complex, diagnostically unclear and treatment resistant psychiatric disorders associated with social, educational, emotional and cognitive impairments. In addition, assessment and risk management of adolescents with high risk needs is required for adolescents who present at the Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD) Emergency Departments and/or are admitted in acute adult mental health units within Western Sydney Local Health District. This is a challenging, but highly rewarding position in a well-established and senior team, supported through high quality supervision and training. There are opportunities for supervision and consultation, presentations and innovative research as part of the role.
- Possess or be eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia. Possess Fellowship of the RANZCP or equivalent as provided for in the Staff Specialists (State) Award and a qualification in Child & Adolescent sub-speciality
- Demonstrated clinical experience working as a senior medical practitioner with children and adolescents (0-18 years)
- Sound clinical knowledge of the sequelae of trauma and attachment disruptions on the developmental trajectory of children and adolescents
- Familiarity with systemic thinking and its applicability when working with OOHC systems
- Demonstrated ability working within a multidisciplinary team
- Experience and involvement in quality assurance activities and evidence-based best practice
- Demonstrated commitment to consultation, teaching and supervision
- Possess or be eligible for a NSW driver’s licence
Conditions of appointment are in accordance with the Staff Specialists (State) Award.
Working with Children Check
Applicants must provide evidence of a Working with Children Check issued by the Office of Communities Commission for Children and Young People. For more information on how to apply for the clearance, please visit the Commission for Children and Young People website: http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/Working-with-children/working-with-children-check.
Contact: Pam Lubrainschik
Phone: 02 8422 5306