- Lead, manage and drive clinical service, education and research
- Enjoy the vibrant Geelong and Bellarine region
Barwon Health is one of the largest and most comprehensive regional health services in Victoria, providing care at all stages of life and circumstance. Mental health services provided cover the full spectrum from child & adolescent through to the aged across a range of acute, outpatient and community settings.
The Clinical Director, as a part of the clinical executive, strategically leads and manages the Mental Health, Drugs and Alcohol Service team enabling high quality, contemporary services in an integrated framework across Barwon Health sites.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaison and coordination with other clinical departments, district hospitals, primary care networks and Non-Governmental Organisations is critical to providing a high quality and sustainable service.
- Clinical Governance, including managing the legislative requirements of Victoria’s Mental Health Act 2014 for the service.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership to the service; the role is responsible for service planning, quality, safety, cost efficiency and effective delivery of mental health services.
Key Qualifications/Professional registration/Other requirements
- MBBS (or equivalent), and FRANZCP and registration as a Specialist in Psychiatry with AHPRA
- Demonstrated extensive clinical experience with appropriate knowledge and skills extending across the range of mental health services
- Proven ability to deliver quality specialist care to patients in a clinical setting including directing the process of assessment, admission, ongoing care, transfer and discharge of patients.
- Significant and demonstrated leadership experience in a complex mental health service
- A track record of achieving results
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Proven relationship and influencing skills
- Personal drive, integrity and professionalism
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and provide medical care, including emergency care, in a multidisciplinary environment.
For further information or to apply
Contact Name: Pam Lubrainschik
Contact Details: 0452 295 088 or firstname.lastname@example.org