Coventry University is a dynamic, global and transformational ‘Modern University’. With a proud tradition as a provider of innovative teaching and learning and a focus on impactful research, the University has established a robust reputation for pushing the boundaries of higher education regionally, nationally and across the world. It is also an award-winning University which refuses to rest on its laurels. It is ranked no. 12 UK university in the Guardian University Guide 2018, is the UK’s top new university (The Guardian and the Complete University Guides 2018), 4th for student experience and teaching quality (The Times and the Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017) and gold TEF award.
The Head of the School of Marketing and Management will join Coventry at a transformational point; a time when the School has also achieved consistently high levels of student satisfaction and employability and league table positions. It is home to a diverse range of courses in a number of key areas including Sport & Event Management, Human Resource Management, and Marketing and Advertising. This diversity is reflected in the wide range of industry and academic experience held by their academic staff. The future employability of their graduates is central to everything they do. The courses are developed to be career relevant and to enable students to develop their skills, knowledge and understanding. Supported by a dedicated Employment Personal Tutor, each of the students graduate as highly employable global citizens.
We are looking for an inspirational leader who can take the School forward into a new phase of development in course provision and delivery as well as building the international links. The successful applicant must have;
- PhD or equivalent
- Academic credibility built upon achievements through teaching excellence and research.
- Full understanding of a student-centred approach to curriculum development and programme management.
- A strong sense of the external market/environment and personal drive to take advantage of partnering opportunities.
- An understanding of modern and innovative approaches to teaching and learning including IT applications.
- Experience of managing a large-scale operation e.g. School/Department, Programme management and dealing with a range of staffing issues.
- Previous leadership and management experience of medium to large diverse teams in an academic context.
- Project management and planning experience in pedagogy.
For a confidential discussion about the role and the expectations, please contact Ann-Maree Chadwick via email@example.com or +44 7408 954 501. The closing date for applications is 22nd September 2017.