The Professor / Associate Professor in Health Services Research will have a strong teaching and research leadership role in the discipline of Health Management and within the wider School of Public Health and Social Work. They will also contribute to postgraduate and undergraduate supervision and teaching in the Masters of Health Management, and the Bachelor of Health Information Management.
Individuals with a research focus complementary to research strengths of the discipline and the School are strongly encouraged to apply. It is expected that the successful applicant will have and maintain a national and international reputation for excellence in research and industry engagement and have demonstrated commitment to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and research supervision.
The successful applicant will also provide leadership in service to the University and engagement with industry, the community, professional associations, alumni and other stakeholders.
This position reports to the Head, School of Public Health and Social Work for performance planning and review and workload management. This position holds membership with QUT’s largest interdisciplinary research institute, the Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation (IHBI).
Consideration may be given to part-time or conjoint appointments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership to teaching and learning and provide leadership in curriculum development and review.
- Providing leadership in research within the discipline of Health Management. Building the research capacity of academic staff in the School by mentoring, leading research teams, including applying for research funding and publishing in top tier academic journals.
- Playing a major role in scholarship, research, professional activities and service.
- Strengthening partnering relationships with industry and the community.
The successful candidate may be appointed at Associate Professor Level D or Professor Level E depending on their level of experience.
The University reserves the right to appoint at either classification level.
REAL WORLD CAPABILITIES
To deliver on QUT’s global, collaborative and connected vision requires a workforce that embodies the following capabilities:
- Agility and openness to change
- Connectivity and collaboration (intra and inter-disciplinary)
- Cultural inclusion
- Digital literacy
- Future-focused thinking (strategic, innovative & design and entrepreneurial)
- Global in intent and reach
- Leadership of strategy, action and others
- Performance and resource management
QUT is a high quality and flexible organisation that is proud of its excellent employment conditions which include but are not limited to:
- Reduced working year scheme
- Parental leave provisions
- Study support encompassing leave and financial assistance
- Comprehensive professional development
- Salary Packaging
THE DESIRED CANDIDATE PROFILE
Ideally the successful candidate will have most of the following criteria:
- Completion of a doctoral qualification in a relevant discipline area or equivalent professional experience and recognition.
- Recognised nationally and internationally as a leader in an area aligned with Health Services and Health Management and the ability to successfully mentor staff and students to build research capability.
- Demonstrated expertise in teaching leadership, including innovative curriculum design and delivery and undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and in higher degree research supervision (greater than 2 years experience).
- Demonstrated considerable leadership ability, including inspiring a high performance and collaborative culture, understanding of complex environments (greater than 2 years experience).
- Demonstrated significant success in establishing and maintaining collaborations that extend best practice, implement leading solutions, and realize new opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability in establishing and working with an interdisciplinary team of academic colleagues, and engagement with industry stakeholders to enhance teaching and research performance.
Enquiries or an application can be made, in confidence, to Pam Lubrainschik at Ccentric Executive Search on 0452 295 088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Steve Hockey on 0416 604 117 or email email@example.com quoting job reference 15856.
Closing date for applications is Friday 10th November 2017.