2019 Ccentric Interim Survey Results
Since launching CcInterim, we have noticed a steady growth in the interim market here in Australia. To ensure that we have up-to-date knowledge of the demands and drivers in the interim market, we conduct a survey of interim employees every couple of years. The 2019 Ccentric Interim Survey results presented have been collated from 109 survey participants, 94% of whom work in the healthcare sector, with 70% of these operating at Executive and Director level within their organisation. Overall, the results show an increase in people looking at interim positions and there is an increasingly positive perception of the interim market.
The full 2019 Ccentric Interim Survey Report is available here; however here a few highlights:
- The average length of an interim assignment is three to six months, up from 1 week to 2 months in the 2016 survey.
- The majority of the interim workforce was over 45 years of age.
- Almost 70% of the interim workforce uses an agency when looking for a new interim role.
- The most common motivators for employees to consider interim appoints include a good work-life balance and the opportunity to gain experience in new sectors or job positions; whilst the main reasons for employers to hire an interim workforce is to fill a short term gap or that specialist skills were required on a project.
- Nearly 80% of respondents have confidence in the interim market and ease of obtaining an interim contract.
About our Interim Division, CcInterim
CcInterim provides interim management and locum-type services from the C-Suite/Executive, Clinical and Academic Leadership tiers through to the Middle Management and Specialist Professional level. Interim leaders may be needed to cover a period of extended leave, where the employer is recruiting for a permanent position, or when specialist expertise is needed to undertake a specific short-term project.
Examples of Interim Appointments Include:
- CEO’s and COO’s of hospitals, health services, health related organisations.
- CFO and Finance Managers.
- Executive Directors of Medical Services.
- Directors of Nursing and Nurse Managers.
- Medical Directors of Clinical Streams/Departments.
- Human Resource Directors.