Mr David Swan is currently the Chief Executive Officer, Private Hospitals of St Vincent’s Health Australia.
Mr Swan has almost 30 years leadership experience in both private and public hospitals across healthcare. David Swan has held position within South Australia Health including Chief Executive of SA Health, Chief Executive of the Women’s and Children’s Hospital and the Southern Adelaide Local Health Network. He has also been the National Executive Director of the Little Company of Mary Healthcare group (also known as LCM or Calvary Healthcare Group) and various executive roles with Healthscope. Mr Swan is also Board Director for Health Workforce Australia, National E-Health Transition Authority (NETA) and the South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI).
In this interview, Mr David Swan discusses what advice he would give to aspiring leaders. When this interview takes place, David was the CEO of South Australia Health.
The interview with available here on the Ccentric Group You Tube Channel.
Also in this interview series includes:
- A career summary
- What has been the biggest influence of his career
- What job has he learnt the most from
- Where he sees the future of healthcare
- The role of academic health science precincts in improving patient outcomes
- What are the attributes a healthcare leader needs
- What are the traits of a successful leader
To watch the rest of the interviews click here for the Ccentric Group You Tube channel.