- Leadership role within the largest employer in the Geelong region
- Use your influence to shape strategic business planning and leadership
- Located only minutes from the vibrant waterfront and renowned ocean coastline
About the facility
The Medicine, Specialist Medicine & Emergency Medicine Directorate encompasses a large portion of the acute inpatient medical services at Barwon Health including General Medicine, Respiratory, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, Nephrology, Neurosciences, Cancer Services, Rheumatology, Dermatology and Emergency Medicine.
The Directorate has 3 acute medical wards, a rapid assessment and planning unit, a dedicated neurosciences ward, an inpatient oncology ward along with day stay units for oncology and renal dialysis services.
The Emergency Department has around 80,000 presentations per year and houses both adult and paediatric short stay units.
We are all dedicated to supporting the organisation in achieving our vision of - By 2050, everyone in our community enjoys the best health and wellbeing in Victoria.
About the role
As the Co-Director you will be accountable to the Clinical Director for strategic and operational leadership across the directorate and contribute to the achievement of the Directorate's and Barwon Health's Strategic Plan and objectives. You will work collaboratively with the Clinical Director and you will be accountable for the development of service plans, key performance indicators (KPIs) and in partnership with the Chief Operating Officer, charged with the responsibility of service delivery across the Directorate. You will manage the Directorate's budget within delegations of authority.
- Proven leadership skills and an ability to articulate a vision and engage and unify staff
- Proven leadership ability to be influential within a matrix structure where a combination of direct and operation and professional reporting relationships exist.
- Proven internal and external stakeholder management at a senior level
- Proven financial management in a large service organisation
- Bachelor’s degree in health or related discipline (Master of Health Administration or equivalent is highly desirable)
If you are looking to take on a challenging and significant leadership role, you are encouraged to apply.