As Director-General you will steward Queensland Health’s future direction through innovative reforms to strengthen Queensland’s hospital and health systems. You will inspire and strategically lead the delivery of the department’s objectives, including access to health care, elevation of patient care and emergency responsiveness while championing the growth of women’s health and mental health care services across Queensland.
As Director-General, leading Queensland Health you will:
- Oversee communication, governance and values-based management to the department and its employees
- Preserve and build productive working relationships with stakeholders, identifying tactful and diplomatic management practices to support their differing and competing requirements and priorities
- Mobilise effective and efficient governance, administration and operation of the department, fostering an environment of accountability for the performance of its functions and associated outcomes
- Coordinate the appropriate services required to ensure the Minister is positioned to deliver the priorities set out in the Ministerial Charter Letter for Queensland Health
- Pursue with transparency, the administration of the various Acts to promote their purpose, encouraging innovation through understanding of the principal responsibilities required to deliver the Queensland Government’s objectives for the community
- Model to the highest level, the standards of ethical behaviour operating with transparency in decision making, establishing consistency for the application of these practices
- Lead through awareness, demonstrating clear rationale to exemplary problem solving and decision-making practices, encouraging the sectors ongoing commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
For all the information on this role, including supplementary materials, visit our position website.
How to apply
Queensland Health is committed to inclusive and diverse practices, including recruitment and selection which ensures people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with disability, women, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people have equal opportunity to apply and participate.
Candidates who represent diverse backgrounds are encouraged to submit an application. Please see our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy for more information.
To be considered for this role, please provide the following information:
- Your current resume
- A maximum two-page cover letter, including a suitability statement