- Play a pivotal role in providing Executive Medical Leadership for the $1Billion Nepean Hospital Redevelopment, leading innovation and change through to 2025 completion.
- We are seeking a visionary and strategic leader with enhanced communication and interpersonal skills to join as a key member of the hospital Executive team.
- Be a part of an exciting period of growth and innovative change in a fast-growing area in Sydney, NSW.
With a strong commitment to providing excellent care in a safe environment, the 530 bed Nepean Teaching Hospital is located in the western suburbs of Sydney and at the base of the Blue Mountains, NSW. The tertiary hospital currently provides patient services across maternity, gynaecology, neonatal intensive care, emergency, diagnostics, paediatric, surgical, intensive care, coronary care, rehabilitation and mental health disciplines, with its busy ED currently treating over 54,000 patients per year and growing annually.
A key member of the hospital executive team, this executive medical leadership position works collaboratively with and reports directly to the GM, Nepean Hospital and professionally to the District Director Medical Workforce. You will be responsible for the provision of high level strategic and operational medical leadership and advice to ensure high quality health care service provision at Nepean Hospital. The DMS works with the GM and facility Executive to implement integrated clinical services, including the development and support of Clinical Divisions and/or Networks, and will be required to work with other District hospitals as required.
The appointed candidates will also play a pivotal role in providing Executive Medical Leadership for the major redevelopment of the Nepean Hospital Campus, a $1B NSW Government commitment to deliver a 2 Stage redevelopment. Stage 1 includes a new 14 storey tower to provide a new clinical services block with over 200 acute beds in new accommodation, a larger expanded ED, more than 12 new operating theatres, 18 birthing suites and a state of the art Neonatal Intensive Care unit and is due for completion in 2021. This redevelopment will provide contemporary and expanded hospital services, and integrated community health services to the Penrith and Blue Mountains communities and see an expansion of clinical specialties and medical workforce in this phased expansion through to 2025.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and visionary leader to drive clinical service expansion, to lead new and innovative models of care and be a key driver in developing one of the largest tertiary campuses in NSW.
- Medical Practitioner registered with AHPRA.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators, or other relevant qualifications as provided for under the Staff Specialists (State) Award.
- Demonstrated experience at an executive/senior level in driving culture of professional medical administration and governance. Inclusive of issues relating to medical workforce, medical professional practice, clinical governance, clinical ethics, clinical teaching, and clinical leadership.
- Demonstrated high level of competence, gained in a public health setting, in interpersonal skills, consultation and effective communication with staff, including VMO/VMPs, and professional organisations, medical associations, medical colleges, and university medical schools.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in clinical strategic planning and clinical leadership for the provision of programs, and services consistent with the responsibilities of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff in line with quality human resource management practices including employment equity, anti-discrimination, work health and safety, professionalism and ethical behaviour with a demonstrated commitment to their implementation.
- Knowledge and commitment to best practice, quality improvement and innovation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change and to work effectively within an Executive team environment.
This is a Staff Specialists (State) Award OR Public Hospital Medical Officers (State) Award.
Please contact Michael De Santis, Principal Consultant at the executive search firm Ccentric Group, for a confidential discussion about the opportunity and/or to receive a detailed information pack on the organisation and position. (Mob: +61 (0) 406 499 659, Email: email@example.com).