Director - Medical Services & Allied Health
- Dynamic role in a growing and innovative organisation
- Attractive QLD coastal location (growth corridor)
- Executive management role
This is your opportunity to join an innovative team of professionals and be part of a world-class, dynamic, and growing health service that embraces technology, provides excellence in health care, and empowers their people to be the best in serving their community.
The Friendly Society Private Hospital is a 142-bed acute care surgical and medical facility with an Emergency Department, High Dependency Unit, Oncology Unit and Cath Lab that provides the highest quality healthcare set in modern facilities with the latest technology. Established as a not-for-profit medical facility in 1946, They have grown to become the leading hospital of choice for the people of Bundaberg and the Wide Bay regions having proudly cared for the community for more than 65 years and are affectionately known as The Friendlies.
The Director – Medical Services & Allied Health provides operational leadership, governance, strategic direction and effective management of the Medical Services and Allied Health of the Friendly Society Private Hospital and providing high-quality services delivered by a competent and highly engaged workforce. While this position predominantly oversees the Medical and Allied Health division it also works closely with the Chief Executive Officer and Director of Nursing in the coordination of nursing and other services within the organisation. As a member of the Executive Management team the Director – Medical Services & Allied Health provides advice to the CEO and Board relating to strategic direction, growth, policy development and professional clinical and quality standards, in addition to actively leading and developing a team of high performing professional hospital employed specialists, interns, ICU doctors and managers in providing excellence in health care.
To successfully perform in this role, you will be a progressive, innovative, and energetic leader with a strong background in end-to-end clinical and business management. In addition to technical knowledge, experience and ability, a strong emphasis will be placed on your ability to demonstrate the organisation’s values of Courage, Diligence, Compassion, Wisdom and Friendliness, as well as your ability to commit to and apply these values in the workplace.
The Friendlies are open to considering someone who is semi-retired, has a specialty, who would be prepared to do work in their specialty 0.2 and who has experience in clinical governance to lead the clinical governance 0.6.
Key Selection Criteria
- Fellowship of The Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (mandatory) or international equivalency.
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Medical Practitioner. Private practice component will be considered.
- High level interpersonal and communication skills including skills to promote and develop evidenced based patient care, stakeholder engagement, negotiation, conflict resolution and professionally presenting to small and large groups.
- Proven experience in successfully leading clinical teams and individuals to achieve required strategic and operational outcomes
- Experience working in an Australian private hospital will be highly regarded along with demonstrated experience embracing multidisciplinary teams and addressing contemporary healthcare issues.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of continuous quality improvement principles including management
- Demonstrated experience in a senior leadership role involving the management of clinical services, clinical governance, cost and revenue people, quality improvement, organisational change and projects
To obtain a comprehensive information pack and/or to have a confidential conversation about this exceptional opportunity please contact Kim Gillespie, Senior Consultant, Ccentric Group at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +61 0406 551 917.
Vaccine-Preventable Diseases (VPD) Requirements
It is a mandatory condition of employment that roles within our hospital require you to be vaccinated, and remain vaccinated during your employment, against some or all of the following vaccine preventable diseases; Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella (Chicken Pox), Pertussis (Whooping cough), and Hepatitis. Mandatory vaccination requirements for this role will be discussed further with applicants throughout the application process. All employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19.