Working within this iconic part of Australia, a greenfield opportunity in finance and strategy has been created for an outstanding finance professional. A new CEO and recent review of the executive team has led to this role which has been newly created. Reporting to the CEO, you will closely with the executive team to take this local health district into its next phase of innovative health services. Central to this position is the opportunity to develop and execute on strategic direction which will have material implications for the community that it serves.
As the Director of Performance & Strategy, the role will focus on the following targeted outcomes and responsibilities;
- Developing, implementing and overseeing the delivery of strategic, financial and operational initiatives and business as usual requirements,
- Focusing on a reviewing and implementing a “best practise” approach to governance, risk and compliance frameworks for the health district,
- Ensuring the continued leadership and development of the finance team through coaching and directing,
- Being responsible for the timely and valuable delivery of both statutory and management information,
- Reviewing and establishing a strong asset management and infrastructure program,
- Providing valuable strategic input and direction to the executive team, local board and NSW Health,
- Creating a contemporary and robust program overseeing all management information, data and related technology which will support the clinical outcomes of the health service and benefits to patients,
- Working closely with the broader NSW Health counterparts and related local health districts leveraging to achieve great outcomes through the shared network services across the state,
- All of this being in the context of helping to create the best possible care outcomes for acute, sub-acute and primary care patients.
This is a great opportunity for someone who may be looking to either take that next step into a senior executive role or looking to be part of a new executive team, creating a new approach to health service leadership. You will be driven by improvement for and on behalf of the community. The experience, skills and qualities this role will require to see in potential applicants includes;
- A proven and demonstrated ability to create and execute on strategic planning, which relate to how models of care and changes as such will affect the level of health services provided,
- Having the experience to review and bring new capabilities to a performance and strategy function,
- The capability to represent the LHD on various forums, committee’s and interactions across NSW Health at the highest quality level,
- Successfully leading and developing colleagues within your team, or identifying and recruiting new outstanding talented professional,
- A CA/CPA qualification, along with a great knowledge of creating performance information and applying this to make decisions into the future,
- Previous private, public health or related healthcare experience will be highly regard, along with a passion for community, culture and human services work.
If you are curious, looking for an executive challenge and want to experience an outstanding community with a rich heritage of shaping Australia, then this is a great opportunity for you, your family or partner. If you would like to discuss this opportunity further either call Andrew Gemmell on 0452 116 599 (or email email@example.com)