- An exciting opportunity is available for a dynamic individual to join the Southern NSW Local Health District in a key strategic role to lead change, drive growth and make a positive impact on workplace culture
- We are seeking a dynamic individual with enhanced communication and interpersonal skills
- It is an opportunity to join a regional public health organisation with strong community engagement.
- An executive position based in the convenient location of Queanbeyan, NSW. This allows for easy access to nearby airports (10mins to the local Canberra Airport), numerous key attractions and affordable housing, education and cost-of-living conducive to a positive work-life balance
Extending from Goulburn and Crookwell to the borders of Victoria and the ACT, down to the pristine beaches of the NSW South Coast to the farmlands of the Southern Tablelands, across the Great Dividing Range and the Snowy Mountains, Southern NSW Local Health District (LHD) provides a diverse range of healthcare services to a population of approx. 200,000. It is home to an Aboriginal community of 7000 across its four Aboriginal nations of the Gundungurra, Ngunnawal, Ngarigo, and Yuin peoples.
The district’s 10 regional hospitals, Mental Health Inpatient Services, three multi-purpose services, and five community health centres provide patient care services across emergency, intensive care, maternity, mental health services, acute medical and surgical services and primary and community services. The past 18months has also seen in investment of significant funds for its capital works redevelopment program, including the $150 million redevelopment of Goulburn Hospital and Health Service, $18.6 million upgrade of Cooma Hospital, $8 million overhaul of Yass Hospital, $2.6 million refurbishment of Pambula Health Service, and a redeveloped Braidwood MultiPurpose Service.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, this key executive position will play a critical role in enabling Southern NSW LHD to meet the future challenges involved in providing effective, efficient, safe, quality care throughout a diverse section of NSW. It will provide the appointed candidate the opportunity to lead and strategically shape the future success of Southern NSW LHD, as we strive for continual improvement of our services for the community, inclusive of new and innovative ways for us to meet the communities growing demands for high quality patient services.
Applying for this Role
Your application should include:
- a cover letter responding to the targeted questions below.
- an up-to-date resume which clearly details your skills, experience and key achievements as relevant to this role.
All candidates must also provide answers to the following targeted questions with their application:
- Please detail a time where you have led the implementation of organisational change within a large, complex and diverse health system, including alterations to systems and processes that directly led to improvements to operational and financial outcomes for your organisation.
- Outline the unique workforce challenges facing Southern NSW LHD in the next 5 to 10 years.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience at a senior level in the design, delivery, and management of integrated people and business transformation strategies and programs
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of relevant legislative provisions and regulations governing public sector employment and related issues, in particular as they relate to the Health Services sector
This is an ongoing, full time, Band 1, Health Service senior executive (HSSE) role. An attractive remuneration package within the range of $197,111 to $219,602 per annum, with annual performance reviews, will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
All applicants will be required to contact Michael De Santis, Principal Consultant at the executive search firm Ccentric Group, for a confidential discussion about the opportunity and/or to receive a detailed information pack. (Mob: +61 (0) 406 499 659, Email: email@example.com).
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBT/, people with a disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- The selection methods for this role are in accordance with the Government Sector Employment Act 2013 and employment arrangements for the NSW public sector.
- Applicants must respond to the two targeted questions and submit an up to date resume. For further guidance, refer to Applying for a role in the NSW Public Service.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate their proficiency in the capabilities outlined in the Role Description. These will be assessed through the recruitment process to determine their suitability for appointment. For further information, refer to the NSW Public Sector Capability Framework.
- To be eligible for employment, you must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen;
- A permanent resident of Australia;
- A New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand passport; or
- A citizen of another country with an appropriate visa that allows you to work in Australia
You can only be offered employment in this role for the duration that your current visa allows you to work in Australia; and you can only be offered ongoing employment if you have a permanent visa that allows you to work in Australia.
- Relevant standard screening checks will be undertaken following interviews e.g. National Police Check, Service Checks, Proof of ID etc.
- Click here for information on NSW Health