Central Coast Local Health District
District Director Workforce, People & Culture – HSSE Band 1
- Executive HR opportunity in healthcare
- Positively influence the future delivery of health services to a growing community
- Coastal location close to Sydney & the Hunter Valley
Located between Sydney and the Hunter Valley, the Central Coast is a popular coastal region attracting young families and retirees, with the area experiencing higher-than-average population growth. Providing the public health service needs to the growing communities of Central Coast Council is the Central Coast Local Health District (CCLHD), with the region served by 2 acute hospitals – Gosford and Wyong. Its circa 8,000 employees provide services out of Gosford and Wyong as well as Woy Woy Hospital and Long Jetty Healthcare Centres, which provide sub-acute care and additionally 8 community health centres and other community-based services also form the LHDs service profile.
Exciting for the region and LHD is that Gosford CBD is transforming with the development of a Health and Wellbeing Precinct supporting opportunities for research, innovation and higher education. This builds on the partnership between the Australian and State governments and the University of Newcastle in establishing a $72.5 million Clinical School and Research Institute on the Gosford Hospital campus, further strengthening the relationship between the local health district and the university. Gosford will also be home to both a new campus for the University of Newcastle and TAFE.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive and as a key member of the revitalised ELT at Central Coast LHD, we are seeking a culture-first, inclusive and dynamic HR executive leader, capable of working collaboratively at a strategic and operational level. As the executive HR lead for the district, you will need to be experienced working in a complex and multi-faceted environment and be required to lead and manage the workforce services function and teams to ensure that workforce planning, organisational development and overall HR service delivery proactively enables and facilitates the achievement of CCLHD strategic objectives, and overall business and service requirements.
If this opportunity sounds like you, please feel free to reach out to Michael De Santis, Managing Consultant at Ccentric Group, either via phone at +61 (0) 406 499 659 or email (email@example.com) for a confidential discussion and/or to receive a detailed information pack about the role.
With your application, please ensure you include a CV and covering letter responding to the below 2 key criteria questions:
- Please describe a time when you have led the planning and implementation of workforce capability uplift in a large, complex and diverse organisational environment.
- As a senior HR lead, please describe how you have previously fostered a culture of engagement, growth and high performance within a complex workforce environment.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience at a senior level in the design, delivery, and management of integrated people and business transformation strategies and programs
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of relevant legislative provisions and regulations governing public sector employment and related issues, in particular as they relate to the Health Services sector
This is an ongoing HSSE Band 1 appointment, with a remuneration package of between $211,222 to $235,325 negotiated with the successful applicant.
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI, people with a disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
COVID-19 vaccination is now a mandatory requirement for all NSW Health employees. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status upon joining to support this recruitment process.