An exciting new opportunity has been created as the Executive General Manager – Mental Health, with a leading healthcare provider in Victoria. The organisation has been steadily building a strong capability and platform and have grown it to now have over 60 beds and working with up to 14 psychiatrists as their core mental health service. Furthermore, by way of a partnership with Monash University in the research of contemporary approaches and treatments will establish our world class capabilities in mental health, they are committed to the world class approach to mental health. They have now reached the point where we they are taking service forward with a strategic growth initiative to the next level, through the appointment of a new executive leader to run mental health.
The broad focus, responsibilities and functions across all areas of strategy, operations and leadership will include;
- Developing an innovative and transformational strategy for Mental Health services to significantly grow the business and become the first-choice service for patients across Victoria.
- Reviewing current practices and develop strategic initiatives (clinical, infrastructure or other) that will support the continued growth and development of the mental health stream.
- Planning, implementing and commissioning current and future developments.
- Developing of robust and influential relationships with key stakeholders, including – government, industry and health funds to support growth direction and initiatives.
- Leading, aligning and implementing service strategies, business plans and projects consistent with the group.
- Delivering quality clinical services and best practice standards, patient experience and outcomes
- Working collaboratively with the Medical Director to recruit, retain and develop top medical practitioners
- Building and maintaining relationships with third party providers and the local community
- Overseeing the development of service annual budgets and financial projections for the business ensuring that they reflect the targets and requirements established within the organisations Strategic Planning framework
The position will be best suited to people than can bring relevant experience and demonstrated skills, some of which includes, previous mental health experience in a healthcare executive or senior leadership role in a large complex organisation. Equally, a strong commercial acumen relevant to the context of the role including an ability to set and achieve “stretch” goals and objectives is critical. Naturally, outstanding financial management and business development skills will also be crucial to success in this position. As a senior executive excellent communication, influencing, leadership and management skills will make up the foundations of your skills. Finally, a demonstrated ability in change management and setting the vision and leading the strategy to achieve the best outcomes for patients and patient experience, will be highly regarded.
If you are guided by a strong set of values, and looking for a purpose led organisation, yet highly commercial position; this is a fantastic opportunity in providing mental healthcare to many Victorians.
For further information call Andrew Gemmell on 0452 116 599 or email email@example.com.