- Key public hospital executive leadership role, responsible for both a major metro teaching hospital (Campbelltown) and district hospital (Camden) with circa 2000FTE and a budget of $354million across both sites.
- Play a key role in the delivery of a multi-stage, multi-million-dollar redevelopment, with the $632Million Stage 2 bringing world-class health care to the south west Sydney community.
- Key executive appointment for a growing local health district that operates 6 acute public hospitals and 14 community health centres, with billions of dollars designated towards capital works projects over coming years.
The GM, Campbelltown & Camden Hospitals is responsible for planning, directing and managing the total operations and resources of across both Camden and Campbelltown Hospitals. Key to this role is ensuring proper integration and effective and efficient provision of high-quality health services within the Camden / Campbelltown Local Government Areas (LGAs), and tertiary referral services for south western Sydney, all in alignment with the SWSLHD Strategic Plan and organisational objectives and NSW Health policy direction. This includes the continual implementation of the ‘Transforming Your Experience’ initiative, aimed at positively transforming how patients, consumers, staff and communities experience SWSLHDs organisation and services.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive and a key member of the SWSLHD Executive Leadership Team (ELT), this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and engaging General Manager with relevant executive leadership experience in an acute public health and hospital setting to join at a critical yet exciting time of growth and investment for the region.
Applying for this Role
You are required to submit a one page covering letter, including a short statement in response to the two targeted questions below:
- Please describe a time where you have led the delivery of key strategic objectives across both capital project and clinical service domains, during a period of significant growth and change in a large, complex environment.
- How do you ensure that a key focus remains on the delivery of high quality, consistent patient care during a period a significant growth and change in a large, complex environment?
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary degree in medicine, business, management or other relevant discipline and specific undergraduate or post-graduate qualifications in health services management or related discipline.
- Proven record of achievement, experience and leadership in the delivery of health services in a multi-disciplinary work environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to successfully lead a diverse range of clinical and support staff with a commitment to improving access and co-ordination of services to patients across all service settings.
- Current NSW Driver’s License.
- Evidence of effective communication capabilities to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and manage service change and development.
This is an ongoing full time, Band 1, Health Service senior executive (HSSE) role. An attractive remuneration package within the range of $232,026 to $255,080 per annum, with annual performance reviews, will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please contact either Kylie Brown, on +61 406 551 917 or email@example.com, or Michael De Santis, +61 406 499 659 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion and/or further information about the role.
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI, people with a disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- The selection methods for this role are in accordance with the Government Sector Employment Act 2013 and employment arrangements for the NSW public sector.
- Applicants must respond to the two targeted questions and submit an up to date resume. For further guidance, refer to Applying for a role in the NSW Public Service.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate their proficiency in the capabilities outlined in the Role Description. These will be assessed through the recruitment process to determine their suitability for appointment. For further information, refer to the NSW Public Sector Capability Framework.
- To be eligible for employment, you must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen;
- A permanent resident of Australia;
- A New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand passport; or
- A citizen of another country with an appropriate visa that allows you to work in Australia
- You can only be offered employment in this role for the duration that your current visa allows you to work in Australia; and you can only be offered ongoing employment if you have a permanent visa that allows you to work in Australia.
- Relevant standard screening checks will be undertaken following interviews e.g. National Police Check, Service Checks, Proof of ID etc.
Click here for information on NSW Health