- A highly reputable healthcare organisation in Australia with world-class health research, education and teaching hubs
- An inaugural management position
- Collaborative team culture
- Sydney based opportunity
Sydney Children's Hospitals Network is one of the largest paediatric healthcare entities in Australia. The organisation cares for thousands of children each year in our hospitals and in their homes — with one purpose in mind — to help young people live their healthiest lives.
This role sits within the People and Culture Directorate as part of the Workforce Operations Teams and is responsible for leading and managing activities of the Network’s People Management Advice & Service Hub (PMASH) in line with a best practice and client-focused service delivery model.
PMASH operates as a Network-wide shared service resource, linking managers with a team of People & Culture experts providing advice on a wide range of people management matters, enquiries relating to general conditions of employment and workplace-related policies and provide guidance on relevant systems and practices.
Reporting to the Associate Director Workforce Operations, you will lead a team of general human resource practitioners to deliver employee relations advice, guidance and services to managers to enable effective people management. You will provide support to, and work in collaboration with the Principal Business Partners and other People and Culture Teams in the development of initiatives, as well as maintain a transparent framework for case management and the resolution of complex issues and organisational change.
Success in this role is determined by the quality and the timeliness of the advice and guidance provided by the PMASH team, including the level of engagement with key stakeholders, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with senior managers, Principal Business Partners and other People and Culture Teams.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in human resources management, employee relations or other relevant field and/or professional experience in human resources management in a complex and diverse service industry organisation.
- Demonstrated record of achievement and leadership in the provision of shared employee relations services that meet business and people outcomes.
- A sound knowledge of the legislation, regulative requirements and contemporary trends relating to employment-related matters.
- Ability to influence and build positive and effective business relationships with key stakeholders as well as facilitating cross-learning to build expertise and best practice
- Demonstrated superior communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills, including demonstrated ability to oversee complex written documents including briefs and reports.
- Proven ability to balance multiple responsibilities in a complex and high-volume setting and within specific timeframes while exemplifying resilience.
- Excellent policy and process development skills to support people management best practice
- Demonstrated ability to consult and negotiate effectively with key stakeholders including management, staff, industrial organisations, and external agencies.
Contact Natalie Xu on +61 450 358 948 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion and/or to receive a comprehensive information pack.
Please note: To be eligible for permanent appointment to a position in NSW Health, you must have an Australian citizenship or permanent Australian residency.