As part of the Women and Newborn Health Service (WNHS) Executive team, this position will be jointly responsible for the clinical and corporate governance of the Health Service.
The Medical Co-Director Obstetrics & Gynaecology will work in partnership to provide effective leadership, governance, strategic planning and operational management of the clinical Directorate. This position will be required to initiate, implement and operationalise strategies for the Women and Newborn Health Service (WNHS) as part of the North Metropolitan Health Service and the Department of Health WA. As a tertiary teaching hospital, Co-Directors have a role to lead state-wide issues associated with women and newborn health. Co-Directors will ensure the provision of safe high-quality and efficient patient care consistent with the Health Service’s safety, quality and performance frameworks.
The position will be offered for five years under the terms of the WA Health System – Medical Practitioners - AMA Industrial Agreement 2016. The Co-Director role will be 5 sessions per week with a concurrent appointment in the applicable specialty.
Appointment is subject to:
- Evidence of current registration by the Medical Board of Australia must be provided prior to commencement.
- Provision of the minimum identity proofing requirements.
- Successful Criminal Record Screening Clearance.
- Successful Pre-Employment Integrity Check.
- Successful Pre-Employment Health Assessment.
- Working with Children (WWC) Check, compulsory check for people who carry out child-related work in Western Australia every three years.
To be considered for this Medical Co-Director opportunity, the following are essential criteria:
- Eligible for unrestricted registration as a specialist with the Medical Board of Australia together with a strong track record in clinical practice in a relevant sub-specialty; or
- Eligible for unrestricted registration as a specialist medical administrator with the Medical Board of Australia together with a strong track record in clinical leadership and management.
Registration is a prerequisite for commencement and continued employment
Please contact Pam Lubrainschik on +61 452 295 088 or firstname.lastname@example.org For a confidential discussion and to receive a copy of the Candidate Information Pack, including the Position Description.