Robyn Ward | Video Interview | Insights from Industry Leaders
Executive Dean at the Faculty of Medicine and Health at the University of Sydney
Robyn Ward trained and worked as a medical oncologist before transitioning to a successful academic career. Now Professor and Executive Dean at the Faculty of Medicine and Health at the University of Sydney; Robyn was also held positions at UNSW as Clinical Association Dean of the Prince of Wales Clinical School and at the University of Queensland as both Executive Dean, Faculty of Medicine and Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research).
Robyn recently sat down with Ccentric consultant, Pam Lubrainschik to discuss her career and the university. Some of the questions they discussed include:
- What made you decide to study medicine?
- What attracted you to academia?
- What is the most rewarding part of your current position?
- What do you think the challenges and opportunities will be for the Faculty and University over the next 5 years?
- How do you see digital health changing the academic landscape and the opportunities?
- Who has inspired you the most in your career?
- What is your advice for aspiring leaders?
The interview is also available as a podcast here.
All podcasts are available on the Ccentric knowledge page here; including the latest podcast series “Insights from Industry Leaders” and series one, a combination of interviews with both healthcare and academia leaders.
The Ccentric podcasts are also available here:
Missed one of our other articles? Make sure you subscribe to the Ccentric newsletter here.