Steve Wesselingh | Insights from Industry Leaders
Executive Director of the South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI).
Professor Steve Wesselingh is currently the inaugural Executive Director of the South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI). Prior to taking on this role in late 2011, Steve was Dean of the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences at Monash University from 2007-2011.
Steve recently sat down with Ccentric consultant, Pam Lubrainschik to discuss his career. Some of the questions they discussed include:
- Why did you decide to study medicine?
- What influenced your decision to work predominately in academia?
- As inaugural Executive Director of SAHMRI, what do you hope your legacy will be?
- Digital Health is a rapidly developing field. From your perspective, what role do you think it will play in ensuring better health outcomes?
- Diversity is a prominent issue. How have you seen the teams and organisations that you are working with evolve and manage these issues?
- When you are recruiting for a senior executive to join your team, what are the key attributes you look for in the person, apart from technical skills and experience?
- Who has inspired you the most in your career?
- What are your top tips for aspiring leaders?
Missed one of our other articles? Make sure you subscribe to the Ccentric newsletter here.